Sunday, November 27, 2005

What Does It Mean If Your Genetal Warts Bleed?




This is the music box Cerrado
Since childhood I wanted to have a dollhouse, but I knew my mother did not buy it because we could not afford. The doll house was part of a collection of treasured jealously somewhere in my head with a label saying "things I buy when I grow up and have my own money. "
At twelve I saw Judge hanging of John Huston (in that film, the Lido de Barcelona, \u200b\u200bapplied acccediera policy that anyone who could afford the entrance) and a detail of the film was in my mind, Roy Bean, the judge, he promised his lover that he would give Mexico a music box to store your jewelry as did the real ladies. In the end, I bought the music box, almost too late, because when she handed it dying. Since that day the music box, took his place next to the doll house and all those things he wanted and not could have.
was a few months, returned to settle in Madrid and arrived shortly after my thirteenth birthday. Earlier that day my mother asked me, as so often, to accompany her to make the purchase. But instead to move toward the market, climbed to the top of our street, where a luxury gift shop that was called (I still remember it) Toupie .
entered, my mother asked to see the music boxes, the lady pulled out several small and modest, and I looked very ugly, when she realized it was for me, just a girl. I did not like and my mother did, I remember all were stretched like tiny coffins. My mother read the disappointment on my face and asked to see better ones. The lady said the others were very expensive, my mother, but probably did not spend so much he insisted. The lady went into the back room and brought other more luxurious. Three boxes of those that have two floors open, and opened. Two of them were also ugly, with a ridiculous plastic and tulle ballerina who turned to the sound of music. But the third was beautiful: outside was a landscape in red and black lacquer inlaid with mother of pearl, on the inside of the lid, a mirror on it was painted a delicate seascape with boats and seagulls white on a sea of \u200b\u200bblue ink. I guess my mother read the pleasure on my face because they pointed and said, "that". Mrs. wrapped and my mother moved away so I do not look like the paid (assuming that it is rude to disclose the price of the gifts, and I guess I did not want to reject the realization that it was too expensive) . I do not know what it cost but I was sure that by far the most luxurious gift that could have a little girl of thirteen. For days
proudly showed it to everyone who came to our house, even invited my friends from school to home only to see it. For years he was one of my most prized possessions, a treasure that I showed always my new friend.
The obsessively cleaned, squeezed out until it was shining bright and I loved to wind and hear the music. He had a gentle melody and delicate, very oriental, and distinct from the usual Fur Elise. My desire for cleanliness was very upset cause: trying to clean the mirror, clouded by dust and handling, used alcohol, while rubbing checked erased terrified as the beautiful landscape, but I stopped rubbing and breathed on the glass to the alcohol to evaporate, almost all the gulls disappeared and only two boats were saved and the mountain background. The dislike me for several days.



The music box will open, in the mirror they still

be seen the two boats, the mountain

and left, a lone seagull

As I got older the music box has lost some of its relevance. Although no longer wound it to always sound the melody when opened, or every visitor enthused, always inspired me a special love and never failed to fulfill its mission as a jeweler. Over time suffered minor damage, bruises and scratches, small wounds irreversible ... and ceased to be unique to be accompanied by a multitude of cases, with and without music, because it awakened in me a passion for collecting. Today, half cleared landscape and marks of blows, is still the most beautiful and dear to my collection.

(This is something I wrote years ago, that I dedicate to my mother, although as where is no internet, can not read it yet).

posted by Ondina 23:50 2 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment